Olympus Plaza Food Parks operate in many regions of Greece, forming part of their local communities and, as such, responsibilities in contributing to their development and prosperity are recognized.
Social responsibility is reflected in the Company’s commitment to operating in a correct and responsible manner for the realization of corporate targets by creating value not only for the shareholders but also for other stake holders: employees, local communities, customers and the environment.
Participate in the Company’s success through their work and dedication. The company offers them the opportunity to improve their skills and develop their professional career through continuous training and information provision on issues relating to quality, customer service, food hygiene and safety, crisis management, economics and new technology.
The Company’s commitment is to offering customers high quality and continuously improving services by presenting a professional but friendly face.
Society – Environment
In contributing to the above healthy meals are offered, to the extent possible, traditional local products, access for the disabled and baby care facilities are also available. Road safety and correct driver behaviour tips are offered in printed information leaflets and in our stores. The Company participates in activities which promote sport, culture and the environment.
Some of Olympus Plaza’s achievements are:
- Official sponsor of the Olympus Marathon, a gruelling international 44 km alpine marathon which takes place on Mount Olympus. Athletes start from the Dion archaeological site (3 m. altitude) and via alpine paths reach the summit of the mountain (2,780 m. altitude), pass the “throne of Zeus” and cross the finish line at Litochoro. The race, which combines sporting rivalry, history and contact with the natural environment is a unique sporting event for Greece with international recognition.
- Annual sponsor of the Olympus festival which takes place every year at the ancient theatre of Dion, the medieval castle of N. Panteleimonas and other sites of interest and includes theatrical performances, concerts, exhibitions and lectures.
- Sponsor of local sports associations such as Pierikos FC.
- Participation and sponsorship of social activities (decorations, cultural associations, religious festivities).
- Sponsorship of concerts and cultural activities in Antirrio.
- Sponsorship of the 1st motorbike festival which includes an enduro race through Evia and Viotia.